to enhance professional practice
First Aid Basic Life Support Training.
Aim - Knowing what action should be taken in the event of an emergency occurring at work
- List actions to be taken in the event of an emergency occurring at their place of work-
- Use cardiopulmonary resuscitation methods, including use of an AED-
- Provide first aid to an unconscious casualty
- Provide first aid to a choking casualty
- Describe the correct actions to take with regard to control of wounds and bleeding
- Describe the correct actions to take with regard to a range of other first aid situations
Learning content: This course is intended to explain What Is First Aid & Why It Is Needed.
Dental Teams: This training will also include how to recognise deal with medical emergencies
- Anaphylactic reaction,
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Epileptic seizures,
- Use of emergency drugs and administration route, oxygen and airways
Inline with UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines and BNF Prescribing Medical Emergencies in dental practice
The training is CPD verifiable and certificates of attendance will be supplied in-line with GDC enhanced CPD guidelines.